Mental on Sun, 5 Dec 1999 16:42:37 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] install fests / demo days

On Sun, Dec 05, 1999 at 12:07:44PM -0500, Darxus wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Dec 1999, Bill Shaw wrote:
>
> > I'd be interested.
> >
> > Aside from the better chance of getting the install done correctly, I'd have
> > a chance to get some ICQ#s of folks in the same boat as I am.
>
> I was also thinking we might just want to do an open invite to having
> people bring in their computers to do installs after the meetings.  I'm
> the one who says when we have to leave, and I expect that to generally be
> 11:30pm.  I've never paid attention to a clock while doing an install.. is
> 2.5 hours enough ?  (9pm (end of official meeting) till 11:30)
>
> But it would be good to have warning if somebody's gonna bring in a
> machine... if we unexpectedly had 30 people bring in machines, it wouldn't
> work.

It'll work fine til someone shows up with that wacky network or video card that
you just cant seem to get working. I think doing the installs after the meeting
would be a bit rushed. Between setup and tear down time that doesnt leave a
whole lot of time for troubleshooting.

Mental
--

"you make insanity respectable."