Michael W. Ryan on Sun, 5 Dec 1999 20:07:18 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] install fests / demo days

On Sun, 5 Dec 1999, Mental wrote:

> It'll work fine til someone shows up with that wacky network or video card that
> you just cant seem to get working. I think doing the installs after the meeting
> would be a bit rushed. Between setup and tear down time that doesnt leave a
> whole lot of time for troubleshooting.

Well, this can be mitigated by asking that folks come with appropriate
information in hand:  the make and model of their peripherals, their IRQs,
I/O addresses, etc.  I would suggest this whether or not installs were
done after the meetings or not.  Someone(s) should compile a list of
necessary information to go with the invites.

Michael W. Ryan, MCP, MCT     | OTAKON 2000
mryan@netaxs.com              | Convention of Otaku Generation
http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/

PGP fingerprint: 7B E5 75 7F 24 EE 19 35  A5 DF C3 45 27 B5 DB DF
PGP public key available by fingering mryan@unix.netaxs.com (use -l opt)