Mental on Sun, 5 Dec 1999 20:12:37 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] install fests / demo days

On Sun, Dec 05, 1999 at 05:46:32PM -0500, Michael W. Ryan wrote:
> Well, this can be mitigated by asking that folks come with appropriate
> information in hand:  the make and model of their peripherals, their IRQs,
> I/O addresses, etc.  I would suggest this whether or not installs were
> done after the meetings or not.  Someone(s) should compile a list of
> necessary information to go with the invites.

True. But odds are if they're savy enough to have all this information, then
odds are they're going to be able to install linux on their own. I wasn't saying
it wasn't possible, just pointing out a very likely source of complications. I
think the best bet is to just rsvp before you bring anything in. If you have
your hardware info, great. If not, describe what you're bringing. Other than
that, it should be interesting to do. ;)

Mental
--

"you make insanity respectable."
--Helcat on the subject of Mental.