Darxus on Mon, 6 Dec 1999 12:48:27 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] ttysnoop and /dev/vcs#

On Mon, 6 Dec 1999 tburba@GLCORPIS01.usvision.com wrote:

> What kernel are you using? What version ot ttysnoop? What distro? (We have
> committed to RH6.0 for vertical market developer contractual reasons.) Does
> your ttysnoop support the /dev/pts dynamic pseudotty Unix98 standard that
> is built-in to the 2.2x kernel? Let me know how we can work together to get
> it running. Thanks.

I'm not at home, so I'm accessing my computer at home via ssh -- I'm not
going to mess w/ my login programs from here, so I haven't been able to
test it.

The debian package matches the latest version of ttysnoop on freshmeat &
metalab.  So it's probably the latest version.

The use of the unix98 standard is a compile option, so you could recompile
your kernel & take it out.

In "make menuconfig" (or xconfig, or whatever), go into "Character
devices", and deselect "Unix98 PTY support".

Is carl@miskatonic.inbe.net the person you emailed ?  The docs say that's
the creator of ttysnoop.  The debian package is up to date, so it's
maintainer is unlikely to be helpful.

             Find the next largest prime, be famous:
                http://www.mersenne.org/prime.htm