tburba on Mon, 6 Dec 1999 13:45:33 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] ttysnoop and /dev/vcs#

>>>The use of the Unix98 standard is a compile option, so you could
recompile
your kernel & take it out.<<<

Sorry, but probably not and option. We had to spend a lot of money
re-engineering the apps we use to be able to use the Unix98PTY standard and
with setting up more than 700 Linux hosts on this network it would be
counterproductive. The other part that would be hard to change is we'd have
to get this to work with mgetty. Any ideas?

>>>Is carl@miskatonic.inbe.net the person you emailed ?  The docs say
that's
the creator of ttysnoop.  The debian package is up to date, so it's
maintainer is unlikely to be helpful.<<<

Yes, Carl is who I sent many e-mails to. What constitutes "up to date"? I
thought that if something new like Unix98 PTY's are added to the kernel
that support for that standard would be a goal of the maintainers of
packages. Am I off base here? Thanks again.
Tom Burba
U.S. Vision, Inc.
tburba@usvision.com
856-228-1000 x2295