Mental on Tue, 7 Dec 1999 15:17:05 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] free win32 X server (fwd)

On Tue, Dec 07, 1999 at 02:57:40PM -0500, Michael W. Ryan wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Darxus wrote:
>
> > Figured you guys might be interested in this too.
>
> Okay, given that this is an older version of a no-longer free product:
> how does that affect the license of this older version?

I'm not a lawyer, but it seems to me there's no way to enforce a
retroactive license change. That'd be like MS giving away IE for
free, then deciding it costs money. The only sticking bit is the
redistribution clause. Check the license. If it says something like
"this is free but you cant redistribute it unless you're us" then
you have a problem. Otherwise... the old version will remain free
to use/have/distribute.

Mental
--
"Well shes 18 in dog years... heh heh"