Mental on Tue, 7 Dec 1999 23:24:56 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] [Plug-Announce] Linux User Group meeting 1/5/2000 announcement

On Tue, Dec 07, 1999 at 10:39:57PM -0500, Darxus wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Dec 1999 plug-announce-admin@lists.nothinbut.net wrote:
>
> > If there are specific topics reguarding Apache web server that you would
> > be interested in hearing discussed on 1/5/2000, please email Jason Stelzer
>
> Seriously.  Jason asked me for help w/ an outline.

Yikes. This means time is going to accelerate even more. Serously, some form
of outline will help me a great deal. There really isnt much time left
considering I have very little time per week to put into preparation.

> What do you want to hear ?
>
> Installation ?  I think that can be a bit overdone.  Like... "apt-get
> install apache"... what do I need to know ?  :)

There's 1000 ways to do it. The real question is, how technical do we want to
get?

> Jason: have you done SSL ?

Kind of. I've used ssleay & webmin. I've looked into mod_ssl. Its not
terribly hard.

> How do I make users' ~/public_html directory work ?  (I've tried to figure
> that out a couple brief times).

Ok. I figure this and "How do I do virtual hosting" are pretty obvious points
to cover.

> How do I make apache use perl to do cgi ?

Mod_perl can get pretty drawn out. But its very cool, and I wouldn't mind
covering it.

> What else ?

Keep in mind. I'm a pinhead. The more detailed the outline, the less time I'll
spend improvising. I'm no expert with apache. I've done lots of stuff with it,
but its been a while. Stability is a double edged sword. Once you do something
it works. YOu don't usually get to repeat it so its easy to forget the details.

Mental