Tom Joyce on Tue, 14 Dec 1999 00:07:29 -0500 (EST)

[Plug] Dual Mode Modem

The toughest thing I have experienced with just going with an all
Linux system has been the modem and my system. It has a Win
Modem. Linux installs fine and works OK but getting it to see the
modem has been many fustrating hours..I have read help files and
the HowTo's but still have problems.

This past weekend I saw an Ad in the paper from Best Buy for a
dual mode modem. Here are the basics of it:
Zoom
Internal 56K
Dual-Mode Modem
Compatible with Windows and DOS-based computer systems
(2919)
They also have the external version.

My question is does anyone know if this will work with Linux? I was
thinking when it says DOS-based it means the ability to set the
IRQs and Com Ports, unlike a win modem. If this won't work, Any
suggestions on a modem and/or store to get one at?