LeRoy D. Cressy on Tue, 14 Dec 1999 10:54:07 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] Mac Linuces at Micro Center?

Most likely the stores do not carry the ppc version, but you can get the Debian
distribution from http://www.lsl.com which is a very economical method of
getting Linux CD's.

I looked at http://www.debian.org/ports site concerning the PPC port and they
have the following Message:

Motorola/IBM PowerPC (``powerpc'')

This port runs stable since Feb. 1998 on many of the Apple Macintosh 'PowerMac',
CHRP and PReP computers. The boot-floppies are 'in work'. Debian/PowerPC will be
official released with Debian 2.2 ('potato').

I also noticed that http://www.lsl.com has the Debian M68K Debian version for
$4.95 + shipping.  I've done  business with these people and found them to be a
great supplier.

Have a good day:-)

LeRoy

--
          0 0      L & R Associates
           "       Home Page:    http://www.netaxs.com/~ldc/

LeRoy D. Cressy     	 /\_/\		mailto:ldc@netaxs.com
Computer Consulting 	( o.o )		Phone (215) 535-4037