Alexander John Batyi on Thu, 16 Dec 1999 08:51:50 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] Philadelphia Area Computer Society

> > They have a UNIX Special Interest Group....
>
> They also meet on Saturday mornings :-)
>
> PACS has been around for a very long time, but is slowly dying.  Does their
> web page mention if the Unix SIG is actually still holding meetings, or do
> you still need to subscribe to their newsletter to receive a schedule?
>
> -mct

The prez of the Unix group when I last went was Chris Fearnly and I think
PLUG became what was left of the group sometime after that.  Chris; details?

We (the BBS SIG) are about to shut down the old bbs (SCO Xenix) due to
the lack of funds to support the phone lines and I have a new linux box all
ready to put on the net with the old bbs software and users.  Where (or if)
it goes from there; who knows.