Nicolai Rosen on Sun, 19 Dec 1999 04:37:25 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] Remember that problem I had with X a couple months back? :) (including general ramblings and questions)

I can answer one of those. Specifically, I'm referring to 5. By checking the U*nix printer compatibility database listing at http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/pht/printer_list.cgi I was able to find that the BJC-1000 is mostly supported, that:
This printer works fine with the Ghostscript driver for the BJC-600/BJC-4000.
However, it will not do plain ASCII text.
Note: printer doesn't print plain text.

I also found instructions at http://www.pinn.net/~spikes51/bjc1000.html

You can usually search HOWTOs well by going to redhat.com and using google to search w/in the RedHat site for HOWTO subject. It's worked well for me.

5.) On an unrelated note:  Anyone have any success in getting the Canon
BJC-1000 to work with Linux?  I think I saw in somebody's database on the
web that it's a "Paperweight" under Linux.  Can anyone confirm or deny that
it's a Winprinter?