Charles Stack on Sun, 19 Dec 1999 12:20:27 -0500 (EST)

RE: [Plug] Plea for help - Strange Communications Protocol

<snip>
It should be trivial to hack the serial port driver to log all traffic
to a file.  Set it to trap SIGUSR1 to toggle logging on and off.  You
can either have the logging function translate non-printing characters
to mnemonic sequences, or just log the raw data and dump it with od(1).
</snip>

I downloaded and installed a program called sersniff.  It does a pretty good
job of showing both sides of the conversation.  Now, I'll modify it to look
for patterns and such.  Thanks for the help.  I guesss I'll have to do this
project the hard way.

Charles