M. Simons on Sun, 19 Dec 1999 18:05:40 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] what do people want out of plug talks

On Sun, 19 Dec 1999, Bill Jonas wrote:
>(joesph catania)jcatania@bellatlantic.net wrote:
> > F**K YOU
>
> Whoa, not so fast there, $#!+head.  If you don't like this list, you can
> just unsubscribe.  He wasn't trying to be arrogant, *you* took it the wrong
> way.  He wouldn't have volunteered to teach us if he didn't want to.
> Now why don't you go outside and play hide-and-go-f**k-yourself?

Whoa, both of you.  Let us stop here before this spirals into an argument
of complete misunderstanding.

I don't know what the original thing was that joesph took wrong was... I
am assuming it was the reference to "read the F'ing manual", which, for
your information, is a common response and generally an expected one in a
lot of places... RTFM (for short, and more common, polite usage) is a
legitimate net term which basically means "there is a faq, it might be
a good idea to start out there.. you will find your answer in the FAQ"

Infact, one of the main depositories of USENET FAQs is called RTFM.

Of course, you could always say that RTFM really stands for Read The
FAQQING manual. ;)

ObLinuxComment:  If anybody wants to know about stuff that happened at The
Bazaar expo, feel free to drop me a line an ask questions... la.