Nicolai Rosen on Thu, 30 Dec 1999 00:05:33 -0500 (EST)

RE: [Plug] DVD software

Trade secrets are only protected from exposure by those who are let in on them. If an employee of Real had exposed the secret, then that person would be subject to prosecution, but if somebody not a party to the secret discovered it indpendently (as happened), then they can legally use it.

> It's legal in Norway where it was done and in the US where it
> was legally imported. It's a trade secret, and not copywrited or patented
info.

Well, trade secrets are also protected by law. I would suspect - altho don't
know for sure - that importing trade secrets of another firm is illegal.