Mental on Thu, 30 Dec 1999 10:32:40 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] Nt Serv pack 5 and Samba

On Thu, Dec 30, 1999 at 10:29:25AM -0500, Michael Whitman wrote:
> I service packed 5 my NT machine, and now I cant see my RH 6 linux server
> over the network.
> The Samba Server is definitely running, and this is not a log in issue i
> don't thin... because I can't even see the machine in the 'Network
> Neighborhood'.  Any ideas?

I have 2 ideas. Type \\computername\service in the run dialog and
see if you can access it by name. If that works, and I suspect it will
then check out ENCRYPTION.txt in the samba dist.

Mental
--

"you make insanity respectable."
--Helcat on the subject of Mental.