Bill Jonas on Thu, 30 Dec 1999 13:47:18 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] DVD software

> You know, I've been rather civil through this whole thing, and this snide
> remark was rather unnecessary.

I feel the same way.

> Bill was addressing whether or not the
> discussion should continue here.  I felt, since I was the original person
> to ask for the issue to go off list, that I should point out that I didn't
> have a problem with the *issues* being discussed.  Oh, yes, and a thank
> you is always nice when other people agree to a request.  My apologies for
> being polite.

Personally, I feel you've been extremely civil and cool-headed with this.  I
didn't stop to think about the potential legal ramifications for the group
when I originally suggested that everybody mirror the software.  Maybe I'm
just searching for a cause, I don't know.  Or maybe it was late when I
originally saw this thing and I got a little fanatical.  In any case,
anything that was said should have been phrased more as, "Something to
consider is that many people are going to be mirroring this software now, in
case the original sites are forced to remove content and/or links."
However, I suppose even this is questionable because of what it implies.

Anyway, permit me to thank you for your dispassionate expression of your
views (even when I feel you're shooting me down <g>).

It's good to have different POVs aired.

Bill

--
"Look, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it 'guaranteed', I
will.  I got spare time."