Mari Orie on Mon, 3 Jan 2000 12:43:34 -0500 (EST)

RE: [Plug] Firewalls

If you like Linux have you tried "Bastille"?

You run the script on top of a fresh RH 6.0
installation and it makes the appropriate
modifications for you.

http://www.bastille-linux.org/bastille.html

The goals of the project were to make it comprehensive
(drawing from all available reputable security
sources), intructive (to describe the security issues
to the admin) and to hand it back to the community.

As far as platforms go, the consensus is that OpenBSD
is the most secure out of the box because every
component has been audited.

Hope this helps.

Mari