Tim Peeler on Tue, 4 Jan 2000 18:49:47 -0500 (EST)

[PLUG] Access

Ok, hopefully this won't spawn a flame war...

In a couple of months my current ISP contract will be up and I've been wanting
to get a high speed access provider (xDSL, Cable, ISDN).  I'm looking all over
the place and so far haven't found much interesting.   The prospects of me
getting DSL doesn't look very good, several places have already said they can't
provide DSL to me.  Another thing that I'm concerned with is that I may be
moving in about 3-4 months and I don't want to have to pay for a new
installation, so that limits me to more-or-less cable.  I like to pay a year in
advance for access, but with the uncertainty of the status of my residence, I
don't know that I'll be doing that.

I'm looking for some thoughts on the different routes I could go with this,
pros/cons etc.  If anyone has any insight, particularly if anyone's had any
experiences (good) with high-speed services in Springfield/Drexel Hill are.

Thanks,
Tim