Michael Leone on Tue, 4 Jan 2000 23:36:27 -0500 (EST)

RE: [PLUG] Anyone know how to set up a linux box to,...

Also check out the Linux Router Project (www.lrp.org).

I use a version of this. Fits on a floppy. Has a firewall (ipfwadm &
ip_masq), DHCP, DNS, HTTPD capability. I run it on an old 486 w/16M RAM. I
boot from the floopy, and the old machine acts as a firewall/gateway/router
for my little home LAN. Works like a charm. Uses the older ipfwadm instead
of ipchains, but even so.

I have a friend doing the same thing thru a cable modem.