Darxus on Fri, 7 Jan 2000 11:55:44 -0500 (EST)

XFree4 fonts (was: Re: [Plug] GeForce vid cards)

On Fri, 7 Jan 2000, Mental wrote:

> the time XFree4 comes out, Linux 2.4 will be here. There's hooks
> in the new kernel for XFree's DRI. Should be nice. And the fonts
> will finally be decent :) Yes. XFree4 FINALLY has support for true type
> fonts.

Will the fonts actually pay attention to the DPI, so I don't have to flog
my machine to get it to make the fonts readable at 1600x1200 anymore ?

> And since, somehow I got on a roll about XFree, I figure I might as well
> share this URL now. The XFree DeUglification Howto:
> http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/FDU.html

Neat thank you.
             Find the next largest prime, be famous:
                http://www.mersenne.org/prime.htm