Aarune J. Oracle on Sat, 8 Jan 2000 18:10:26 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] Re: Linux friendly ISPs

I would agree, when I did phone support at an ISP, we didnt support Linux,
but I would do my best in helping out, I would tell the that we do not
offically support it, but I use it at home, and connect fine.  So i would
walk the newbies through a few things or give them a good idea where to
look.  It is not that easy when you have so many different ways that you
can dial up to an ISP with linux.  I had a newbie that once was trying to
use chatscripts while he had KDE, I showed him Kppp and he was off and
running.  It is just that what do you say to use and do you want the user
to learn how to do things the long way, the easy way, or what ever.  There
is no real standard to how to dial up with linux, one would need to know
the 20+ ways of dialing up and how to troubleshoot it.  Just my oppinion
:)

--
-Rune

Time is Irrelevant to the worlds beyond this godforsaken place unto which
it destroys all.
		-Aarune J. Oracle

it's the same old story; boy meets beer, boy drinks beer... boy gets another beer.
		-- Cheers

narcolepulacyi, n.:
The contagious action of yawning, causing everyone in sight to also yawn.
                -- "Sniglets", Rich Hall & Friends