Tim Peeler on Sun, 9 Jan 2000 10:04:51 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] MP3 player?

On Sun, 09 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> Anybody have any recommendations for a good mp3 player for Linux?  I'm
> looking for one with a GUI for KDE, preferably with a CLI as well.  (A
> separate console mp3 player would be all right too, but I'd like to get an
> all-in-one deal.)  The console interface is for putting it in a cron job to
> wake me up in the morning.  :)
>
> Bill

A good "all in one" player is freeamp: www.freeamp.org
A GREAT gui only is xmms: www.xmms.org
A good cli only is mpg123: url???  search for it on www.linuxaps.com

There's many many options for mp3 players, do a search for them on
linuxapps.com or browse through their audio->mpeg links.

Tim