DrexelDG on Sun, 9 Jan 2000 10:46:22 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] IP MASQing

heh
Sorry...
I have recompiled my kernal as per the suggestions I found on the IPMASQ HOWTO homepage.  I also setup a rc.firewall file in my /etc folder.  I also have been attempting to do this from the uplink port on my hub.  I can ping the server on the MASQed machines.  I can ping the gateway from the Linux box(Server).  I can also ping the DNS names from the linux box.  But I cannot ping anything other then that.  Everything else times out.  Which tells me I set up my NIC card wrong.  Also when I set up the card like this, I can no longer ping my LAN.  So I am thinking that I need another card, for the LAN, and I need to do some config changes to the card for the net.  Thanks, and sorry about last night I was tired when I wrote it and had spent the greater portion of yesterday trying to get this thing to work.

:)

Anthony