vkenny on Sun, 9 Jan 2000 09:32:47 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] IP MASQing

Not to insult your intelligence, but...

1) is your mdoen working properly?
2) is your NIC worling properly (i.e., can you ping your Linux box/gateway via IP)?
3) When the Linux box is dialed in to the Internet, can you ping the DNS server via IP?
4) Can you ping the DNS server by name?
if 1 but not 2, enter the IP address of your Linux box (the internal IP) as the gateway for your internal node.
if 2 but not 3, check out the IP-Masq mini how to at the LDP, or preferrable the one at the IPMasq site (I'm too lazy to look up the address for you)  There are two lines you need to add to a config file..
if 3 but not 4, add the DNS server that your gateway is using to the DNS area on your internal node.
If 4 then you are on the Internet.

All of this is the most general bits of what could be your problem.  It also assumes you are using a fairly recent distribution/packages.
The two lines in question are only the most minimal configuration necessary to get you on the Internet.

You didn't give much in the way of details, so I can only give you the most general answers..
Peace,
Vale