Sean R. Cummins on Tue, 11 Jan 2000 20:56:22 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] dialin server for linux?

> So all of this seems like it will work in theory, the only problem I'm
> having now is getting the modems to properly talk to each other.. which
> has been pretty difficult because I don't have the specs on the modems in
> the vending machines.  And when I try replacing the init string on the
> modem in the Linux terminal server, by adding an INIT=ATblahblah command
> to /etc/conf.getty, getty continuously respawns all by itself.  I'm
> guessing its just crashing or something..

I'm dumb.  INIT=string is in the format of "expect [send [expect]]" and I
was just assuming it was INIT=send.  So getty was timing out and
respawning.. now I just have to figure out what INIT string I need to get
these two talking.. Thanks again guys.

- Sean