Bill Jonas on Tue, 11 Jan 2000 23:32:29 -0500 (EST)

[PLUG] File as loopback filesystem mounted as root at boot time

A couple of you may have remembered me asking if you knew of a way to mount
a file as a loopback filesystem as root upon booting, but nobody was really
able to help.  Well, I was just perusing /usr/doc/Linux-mini-HOWTOs/ on my
machine, and I found an interesting-looking file called Loopback-Root-FS.
:)

It's on the web at http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Loopback-Root-FS.html.

Haven't tried this yet, because I need to get some sleep to get up early in
the morning, but I'll let you know how it goes.  BTW, the process involves
nifty things like kernel hacking (although, admittedly, it's just adding a
couple lines to one of the source files before compiling).

Bill

--
"Because they know that all they sold you was a guaranteed POS!  Look, if
you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it 'guaranteed', I will.  I got