Chuck Peters on Wed, 12 Jan 2000 00:05:43 -0500 (EST)

[PLUG] LinuxExpo.Net and the Linux World Expo.

Hi,

I had this idea about how a bunch of Linux geeks could cover the expo and
share there experiences with others.  We are looking for a few volunteers
from PLUG to help with LinuxExpo.Net and in recognition of this we would
be proud to name PLUG an official sponsor.

Is PLUG be interested in helping us out?

We are sending out the following press release.

Thanks,
Chuck

For Immediate Release
For further information contact Kathy A. Miles (610) 466 9731
     contact@linuxexpo.net

LINUXEXPO.NET INVITES WRITERS AND PHOTOGRAPHERS TO JOIN THEM AT NEW YORK
 LINUX WORLD EXPO AND SHARE THEIR EXPERIENCES

LinuxExpo.Net will be inviting volunteers to write and photograph events
at the LinuxWorld Expo in New York, February 1-4. Selected volunteers will
be provided with a full conference pass to attend the expo. Articles and
images will be placed on the website under the Open Publication License
(OPL).

Not everyone can get to the NY Expo, but LinuxExpo.Net would like to bring
the stories and images from the expo to the world. This will be the first
east coast expo held by Linux World.  The expo is hosting many exciting
exhibitors and speakers which include Linus Torvalds, Larry Augustine (VA
Linux Systems), Steven Mills (IBM), Eric Raymond, Rob "CmdrTaco" Malda
(Slashdot), Corel, Red Hat, Debian and others. Interested writers and
photographers will have many events to choose from during the four days.

Interested volunteers should visit our website at
http://linuxexpo.net/LinuxWorld-coverage.html for complete job descriptions and
application information or mail us at contact@linuxexpo.net

The Open Publication License allows redistribution under a license similar
to those used by the Open Source / Free Software community.  The Open
Publication License is a cooperative effort of O'Reilly Publishing, New
Riders Publishing, the Open Source Initiative, OpenContent, VA Research
and others.

LinuxExpo.Net is an internet startup whose goal is to enhance the Linux
community by promoting the efficacy and strengths of Linux.