Aarune J. Oracle on Mon, 17 Jan 2000 15:58:44 -0500 (EST)

[PLUG] HOMM III for Linux

I have been wanting to get this since I saw they were porting it to linux,
but today I saw it in ebworld.com for 29.99.  It is like 49.99 everywhere
else (including lokigames.com)  They even have quake 3 for linux (in low
supply) there if anyone was interested in buying it.

My thought is having demand on a game, or games, that are made for linux
at a major software distributor, might open some more eyes out there for
people to make more games for linux.  And the more games that are out
there for linux, the more it can be thought of as a home
desktop/entertainment platform.

Am I thinking the wrong way, or does anyone else out there agree?

--
-Rune

In a display of perverse brilliance, Carl the repairman mistakes a room
humidifier for a mid-range computer but manages to tie it into the network
anyway.
		-- The 5th Wave

it's the same old story; boy meets beer, boy drinks beer... boy gets another beer.
		-- Cheers