plug-announce-admin on Thu, 20 Jan 2000 01:31:57 -0500 (EST)

[PLUG] [PLUG-Announce] dlkern v16 (kernel downloader) released

As promised thisevening at the PADS meeting....

http://www.op.net/~darxus/dlkern

For those who haven't seen previous mention of this, it is a perl program
that queries the current linux kernel version(s) via finger, parses the
information, and then downloads the specified version(s)
(stable/unstable/prepatch). It is, of course, released under the GPL, and
written in Perl.

It had been fingering @linux.kernel.org (which I've been using for a very
long time).  This nolonger responds, but I discovered @ftp.kernel.org
does, and gives the same data.  This version just changes this address.

As simple and fully functional as this program is, it already has a 9
entry todo list, so if you get bored, feel free to assist.

I keep feeling like I must be re-inventing a wheel.  But my attempts to
find a program with similar function have turned up nothing.  If you know
of anything similar, please let me know.

             Find the next largest prime, be famous:
                http://www.mersenne.org/prime.htm
                      "There is no spoon."