Pham Long Trung Duy on Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:55:44 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] ISO DSL information

Sorry for getting off the subject.  But I have a DSL related question.
My phone company (USWest - I'm in Phoenix now, I used to be around
Philly) offer DSL with internal PCI modem, which is Cosco605/Intel
2100.  And ofcourse they only support Windows, with no objection to
Linux if you can get on you own.  I've searching the net for linux
driver for those 2 modem, but not very successfully.  I've been to
dslreport.com but they didnt come up with anything.

So anyone with any info on these drivers or any direction to hunt them
down, I'd be very appreciated.  And if you have time, please explain to
me how exactly DSL modems appear from Linux viewpoint.  Is it just like
another eth0 with an (dynamic) assigned IP, everything is exactly the
same as NIC as far as routing, IPforwarding, masquerading are concerned?

Thanks,
duy