James Sulfare Jr on Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:36:44 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] ISO DSL information

neo.

Working together on this and posting our hills and valleys I believe would be a
great idea.  I see that  you posted a prior message on this topic, "sorry for
the repost I just subscribed to plug".

Up to this point I am in the same boat as you with the SDSL, I'm  reviewing AT&T
or RCN as my ISP and circuit carrier.
In your previous post I was reading about you using a router, are you going to
setup the dsl line A or S?  If you do S your carrier will give you a router or
should I say RCN will give you a router (This is what I am Planning to do) then
you attach a 3com 3300 switch to that, NO hub needed the switch can do all the
thinking..  From their I will tap in the Linux Web server and DNS box and also
tap a firewall to the system (the ISP/DSL has a firewall in the router, my FW is
for piece of mind) . Or from what I was reading last night I can have Linux do
all the router work. hummmhummm... this is getting interesting..

All comments welcome..!!
Any thought to this???
What is you plan??

-jimS

neodem wrote:

> James, I'm doing the same thing. Since I've never run a Linux server, or had
> SDSL, it's going to be a challenge I'm sure. Perhaps we can send each other
> notes...
>
> So far, I'm locating a good PC to run as my server since I've got a 30-90
> wait for the service to be installed...
>
> neo
> -------
> neodem@fast.net

begin:vcard
n:Sulfare Jr;James
tel;pager:877 326 0522
tel;fax:215-970-3591
tel;work:215-970-3506
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http:\\www.solinkit.com
org:SoLinkIt;IT
adr:;;Post Office Box 1953;Bethlehem ;PA;18016;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:jsulfare@fast.net
title:CTI Engineer
fn:James Sulfare Jr