Kyle Burton on Fri, 4 Feb 2000 11:50:49 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] wont shut down properly

are you running an expiremental (development) kernel?  or any modules/drivers
that didn't come with the kernel?  or any that are considered experimental?
what kinds of devices do you have?  nic/scsi/video/etc...  are you using
usb or any other features that may be recent developments in the Linux world?
are you using file systems other than ext2?  (resier or xfs or something
non-linuxish?)  are you using removeable devices (like pcmcia, removeable
scsi, or parallel port zip drive -- or anything else that's removeable)?

does this allways happen?  if not, is is possible that some of the hardware
(memory is most likely) is bad?

what kernel version are you running?

"That boy's about as sharp as a pound of wet liver"
    -- Foghorn Leghorn