Kyle Burton on Sat, 5 Feb 2000 16:57:39 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] Info on SSH?

> Where can I find information on how to setup and debug ssh2?  I keep
> getting disconneted (key exchange or Algorithm negotiation failed, usually
> the latter) when I try to connect.  I tried www.ssh.org, it seems like they
> reorganized, and I can't find any good info.  Anyone know of any other good
> sites out there or does anyone have a list of steps that I need to do after
> installing and running?

The source for the software is:

  http://www.ssh.fi

You can also try:

  http://www.openssh.org

I found this by searching on google:

  http://www.tac.nyc.ny.us/~kim/ssh/

I'm not familliar with the particular problem you're having, but one thing
to keep in mind is that it's often convienient to have both ssh1 and ssh2
installed, but to accomplish this, you will need to make sure you install
ssh1 before ssh2 -- if you do this, then they will co-exist (with ssh2 being
the default).  I've had the most success with both installed (as many of the
hosts I work with have either one or the other).

I have had trouble with ssh2 and the RequireReverseMapping option in
the sshd2_config file -- when connecting from hosts for which the server
can't perform a reverse dns query to find the hostname, it will fail.  To
solve this problem, you'd either have to connect from a host who's ip will
reverse resolve to a dns name, or set RequireReverseMapping to 'no' on the
host you're trying to connect to.

Hope this info helps.

Michael Corleone: "Soldiers are paid to fight; the rebels aren't." Hyman Roth:
"What does that tell you?" Michael Corleone: "It tells me the rebels could
win."
    -- The Godfather, Part II