Bill Jonas on Mon, 7 Feb 2000 01:13:35 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] Modem Followup Question

On Sun, 6 Feb 2000, John Lavin wrote:

>Hugh and Bill,
>
>Thanks for the follow ups - lots of stuff for me to try out.  I found
>isapnp and I'm going to bite the bullet and try it.  (After all, I want
>my PnP Soundcard too!)  I'll let everyone know how this saga turns out.
>
>Just a couple of answers to your questions Hugh - Yes, when I said Com3,
>I meant /dev/ttyS2.  Of course, when that didn't work, I linked to
>ttyS0, ttyS1 and ttyS3 just to be through.  The K desktop makes it so
>easy to continue to think in windoze terms....  And I know that
>permisions was not an issue as I have been attempting to get my modem
>working logged in as root.  I haven't been too concerned about the
>security of that just yet - I want to get it to work first.
>
>Thanks again,
>-john

First, thanks.  :)

Second, you might also want to have a look at
http://linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Plug-and-Play-HOWTO.html

Bill
--
"Notice how altering $one in fact altered each element of @a.
This is a feature, not a bug."  -Schwartz & Christiansen,