Adam Turoff on Fri, 18 Feb 2000 02:00:32 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] Moo-ha-ha.

mg wrote:

> Here's a link to the slashdot tidbit
> http://slashdot.org/articles/00/02/17/2136252.shtml

And here's a link to a clarification found on linuxtoday:

http://linuxtoday.com/story.php3?sn=16941

> 	I think it'd be interesting to see what would happen if the source
> to windows was released, but I don't see it solving the problems with
> Microsoft. What would the conditions of this source release
> be?

Maybe this will clear it up:

	'We've talked to Bill, and Bill said he never said that,' [...]

Microsoft is one of the biggest bastions of intellectual property
on the planet.  If Sun is trying to open-source all of their IP
(from SPARC CPU masks all the way up to Java and Solaris), only to
use that as a weapon against Microsoft, expect something even more
constraining for the 8-ton gorilla.

Z.