Quincy on Sat, 19 Feb 2000 08:10:25 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] Cant run run_me.sh

"LeRoy D. Cressy" wrote:

> The default behavior is to mount a CD with the noexec flag set.
>
> try this:
>
> mount -o remount,exec /cdrom
>
> this will remount the CD allowing you to execute the runme command.
>
> Have a good day
>
> Morgan Wajda-Levie wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, Feb 12, 2000 at 10:25:40PM -0500, Quincy wrote:
> > > Forgive me if the answer to this is totally obvious.....
> > >
> > > I bought the O'Reilly book "Unix CD Bookshelf" which comes with a CD.
> > > To search the CD I need to have Java.  It told me to install a Java
> > > interpreter from the CD and then run "run_me.sh" I clicked on it in Xwin
> > > and got an error "could not execute program"  I debugged it with emacs
> > > and got and error saying something like" it's not an executable program"
> > >
> > > When I try to search the CD using Netscape I get an error message,
> > > "...unable to locate the server localhost:6018".
> > >
> > > I looked in my path and found "/usr/java/bin"
> > >
> > > Anyway, I am probably missing something very obvious.
> > >
> > > TIA
> >
> > It may not be marked executable.  Try opening up a terminal and typing
> > 'sh run_me.sh'.  If that does work, the file just wasn't marked as an
> > executable program.  To change that, all you need to do is run 'chmod
> > a+x <file>'.  If you only want the file to be executable by certain
> > groups, subsitute any of the following for 'a':
> >
> > 'u' for user (the owner)
> > 'g' for group (the group a file belongs to can be set using 'chrgrp
> > <group> <file>.  the group can also be a user)
> > 'o' for others (everybody else)
> >
> > --
> > Morgan Wajda-Levie
> > PGP fingerprint:
> > A353 C750 660E D8B6 5616  F4D8 7771 DD21 7BF6 221C
> > http://www.worldaxes.com/wajdalev/public.asc for PGP key

> --
>           0 0      Linux Force, Inc. http://www.LinuxForce.net
>            "       Home Page:    http://www.netaxs.com/~ldc/
> _______ooO ~ Ooo_______________________________________________
>
> LeRoy D. Cressy          /\_/\          mailto:ldc@netaxs.com
> Computer Consulting     ( o.o )         Phone (215) 535-4037
>                          > ^ <          Fax   (215) 535-4285

Thanks for all of the input!!!!!!!!!!  The "sh run_me.sh" worked but I got the
following error:

run_me.sh: [: too many arguments
Unknown flag: -cp

Could not initialize Kaffe.
It's likely that your CLASSPATH settings are wrong.  Please make sure
your CLASSPATH does not include any java.lang.* classes from other JVM
vendors, such as Sun's classes.zip, BEFORE Kaffe's Klasses.jar.
It is okay to have classes.zip AFTER Klasses.jar

The current effective classpath is
`/usr/java/lib/classes.zip:/usr/share/kaffe/Klasses.jar:/usr/share/kaffe/comm.jar:

/usr/share/kaffe/pjava.jar:/usr/share/kaffe/servlet.jar:/usr/share/kaffe/pizza.jar'

My current CLASSPATH is /usr/java/lib/classes.zip

Does this mean I have to add all this to my CLASSPATH!?!?!

The only mention of "-cp" I could find in rum_me.sh was:

 # Run the server with the HTTP config file.

    cd netresults
    $JRE -cp . -mx16m -ms8m itm.nr.serve.NRServer
+prop=$tempdir"/netresults/http-nr.cfg"
else
    # Run the server with the default file.

TIA BT,