ray beckler on Sat, 19 Feb 2000 08:10:21 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] News - Sorta -UCITA

Tracy Nelson wrote:

> John Lavin wrote:
> > "A partnership with Microsoft Corp. called PA PowerPort to create the
> > nation's first statewide Internet portal to help businesses that want to
> > go online, potentially allowing residents to register cars, buy hunting
> > licenses and transact other business with the state.  Part of a $20
> > million enhancement of the state's 'e-government' program."
>
> Hmmm, anyone else wonder if this will be conditional on PA passing the
> UCITA?  I haven't heard if it's been introduced yet, but I plan to write
> my congresscritters if it is.
>
> -

Maybe this isn't the forum to discuss this but everyone on this list
should
be doing the same.  UCITA seems to give software manufactures carte
blanch.
It passed unanimously in Virginia and will probably be signed.  Since MS
is prime
supporter, I'd guess that Ridge's cozy relationship with MS would insure
it's passage
here.  If you don't know what UCITA is, check out infoworld.com.  It's
scary.

Don't wait for it to be introduced, write today.

ray