Charles Stack on Sat, 19 Feb 2000 14:09:49 -0500 (EST)

RE: [PLUG] Microsoft Harangue

Similarly, somebody once said "To take no action is an action" (Bruce Lee).

If you take the time know who your enemy is, find their weaknesses and know
their strengths, then you can decide what  action is appropriate. In our
case, knowing what comes out of Redmond and their actions only aids us in
developing a better product.  Let them spend the money on new GUIs and
proprietary APIs.  We simply learn from it what works and doesn't and
improve upon it.

cjs

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.nothinbut.net
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.nothinbut.net]On Behalf Of Kyle Burton
Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2000 1:55 PM
To: plug@lists.nothinbut.net
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Microsoft Harangue

Sun Tzu's shared some of his wisdom:

  Know your enemy

If MS is your enemy, then you should do your best to know MS.

I don't think that I really consider MS my enemy.  They ceartinly make
things
unpleasant, but as of now, they're not really what I would consider an
enemy.

There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We
don't
believe this to be a coincidence."
    -- Jeremy S.  Anderson
mortis@voicenet.com