Bill Jonas on Tue, 22 Feb 2000 23:54:53 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] reformatting a disk

Point of clarification:  This is with MS-DOS FDISK.EXE, of course.  If
you to do with GNU fdisk, you can specify "fdisk -mbr", if I'm not
mistaken (possibly depending on the version.

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Douglas A. Weber wrote:

>you need to run an fdisk with the /mbr switch.  i.e. from a bootable floppy
>with fdisk on it run
>
>fdisk /mbr
>
>This will format the Master boot record where Lilo lives and enable you to
>have a clean start.  At that point I would just go ahead with the linux
>install.  Good luck
>
>Doug Weber

Bill
--
"Notice how altering $one in fact altered each element of @a.
This is a feature, not a bug."  -Schwartz & Christiansen,