Bob Stanfield on Mon, 28 Feb 2000 15:48:45 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] MySQL

Charles,

	I need something I can do stock portfolio management with for
one. I can download my positions from my broker in comma delimited
spreadsheet format. I want to to do historical comparisons & various
analyses of my own. Half database/half spreadsheet problem.

	I need to
	1) store tables of data,
	2) construct some spreadsheets w/ calculations,
	3) from disparate sources (comparisons from various dates)
and portfolios,
	4) etc.

	I also have several other half thought out applications. Most
of the data input would be from computer readable sources. Largely single
user (max 6 users later), low volume and modest data base size, but the
data may get rather complex.

	My next question would be, "What documentation is there for
InterBase for Linux?"

	Yes, I would like to see transaction support. I'm not looking
forward to creating I/O if there is there an adequate package available.

	Finally, where do I find it?

	Many thanks.

Bob Stanfield
29 Ledge Lane