Kevin Brosius on Fri, 10 Mar 2000 08:59:13 -0500 (EST)

[PLUG] XFree86 4.0 released

Did everyone hear that XFree86 4.0 was released?  I remember at the last
meeting someone mentioned Voodoo 3 3D support, and 4.0 claims to have it
with the new MESA/DRI support.  Want to loan me your Voodoo 3 to try it
out????  (grin)

http://www.xfree86.org ought to be updated fairly soon.  If you hit
slashdot there is an article and it contains some of the mirror sites
for the ftp download locations.  It looks like source code and FreeBSD
binaries are already available at ftp://ftp.rge.com/pub/X/XFree86/4.0/
other binaries are in progress.

--
Kevin Brosius