Martin DiViaio on Sat, 11 Mar 2000 12:10:47 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] XFree 4.0 - multiheading

Darxus wrote:

> So you can put at least two monitors, and at least two mice on a linux
> box.  Now what about keyboards ?  Are the I/O characteristics of ps2 &
> paralel connectors similar enough that you could create an adaptor that
> would allow you to connect.. 6 ps2 devices to a paralel port, and then
> write a driver to support them ?

Several companies use to make graphical terminals with full
keyboard/mouse support built in. Couldn't you hook one of these up to
the serial bus and have the X server communicate to it through there?

These terminals aren't cheep. It does sort of defeat the purpose you are
working towards but it has an advantage of showing that it can work.
Once that is shown the OS community can take over from there.