John Lavin on Tue, 14 Mar 2000 22:45:32 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] Sucess!

Okay, added the group modem, changed permissions.  One note on a command
that the params were backwards for me. I changed this:
usermod john -G modem      # add user john to group modem

to this:
usermod -G modem john     # add user john to group modem

Then it worked fine for me.

I was able to get past the suid error in KPPP, but not able to get it to
try and connect.  The error it gives is cannot create modem lock file.
I know what its talking about - KPPP does do locking and I used to know
where that file was.  I think I need to do the same changes to that lock
file that I did to pppd, only, I couldn't find the freakin' file.

Anyone know where its located??

TIA,
-john