Rebecca Ore on Wed, 29 Mar 2000 08:08:56 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] printer woes

On Wed, Mar 29, 2000 at 01:15:36AM +0000, Daniel K. Spicer wrote:
> I had no problem setting up my printer with Redhat 5.2.
> I installed RedHat 6.1 and can't get anything to print anymore.
> I read the printing how-to, and found that the following lines needed to
> be added to /etc/conf.modules :
>
>         alias /dev/printers lp             # only for devfs?
>         alias /dev/lp*      lp             # only for devfs?
>         alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc  # missing in Red Hat 6.0-6.1
>
> I added them, but still no printing ability.
>
> Anyone have a similar problem ?
> Care to shed some light ?

Did you reboot?  I think I see lines referenced to this in my boot
messages.

I had the same problem and used the information on the RedHat site to
make the changes that you made.  Go to their help pages, if I remember
correctly.

--
Rebecca Ore
http://www.ogoense.net