Darxus on Wed, 5 Apr 2000 13:11:03 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] linuxcare BBCs (bootable business cards)

I still have gotten no responce to my request for linuxcare BBCs
(http://www.linuxcare.com/bootable_cd/) for PLUG.  It's been 12 days, so I
emailed them again from my work address.

In the meantime, I've found related useful info.

You can buy business card CDRs from several places.  Do a google.com
search for business card cdr.  I think the place that looked most
interesting was www.squarecd.com.  They hold about 50mb, and cost about
$1.20 a piece.  And you can download an iso of the linuxcare bbc from
their web page, and burn one yourself.

I got to use one of these at the geekfest on saturday.  One of the
computers did not have a functional network connection.  A friend of mine
puled out a linuxcare bbc, and i used that to fix it (the only things on
the cd I actually used was it's bootableness, and vi).  Very cool.

So now I'm trying to decide what I'd put on a custom 50mb rescue cdr
business card, and how linuxcare compressed theirs.

A little less related, 80 minute (700mb) CDRs have come down in price.
You can order them from buy.com -- 50 packs for 60 cents per disk.  I'm in
the middle of ordering some myself.

There's also a 50 pack on pricewatch.com for $20+shipping.

http://www.us.buy.com/comp/searchresults.asp?qu=80+minute

CDR 50-PK 700MB 80MIN 12X BOXED SPINDLE
  Manufacturer: PNY TECHNOLOGIES   Type: Supplies   Platform: Not Machine Specific
  Our Price: $29.94
  Availability:  Back Order

 CDR RECORDER MEDIA PLATNIUM 80MIN 12X 10-PK
  Manufacturer: RICOH   Type: Supplies   Platform: Not Machine Specific
  Our Price: $10.95    You Save: $6.04
  Availability:  Usually Ships in 24-48 Hours

 CDR RECORDER MEDIA 700MB 80MIN FOR DATA ONLY 1-PK
  Manufacturer: TDK Media   Type: Supplies   Platform: Not Machine Specific
  Our Price: $1.95