Bill Jonas on Wed, 5 Apr 2000 13:20:05 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [PLUG] microsoft lost

On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Dan Eunson wrote:

>More subtle MS Bashing.
>
>I've heard this over, and over to the point I am sick of hearing it.  I am
>also an MCP, and if you have to reboot NT4 every one or two weeks, you
>screwed something up, or are running bad 3rd party software.  We have many
>boxes running IIS, exchange, FTP, etc that go months without reboot.   I'd
>be more interested in a discussion on getting Linux and NT to run together
>more efficiently than this kind of crap.

It was something that I had heard, which is known as "anecdotal".

That said, even if it is "only" 90 days, I'm impressed.  If MS suits
your needs, then by all means, use it.

Assume that for a moment that I was correct.  In that event, my
statement about free (in the GNU sense, which is known today as Open
Source) *nix is correct.

That said, if I was wrong about that, thank you for setting me
straight.  I do not enjoy being wrong, and I welcome correct
information.

Thank you.

Bill
--
"I couldn't give him advice in business and he couldn't give me
advice in technology." --Linus Torvalds, about why he wouldn't