Aarune J. Oracle on Wed, 5 Apr 2000 10:23:17 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [PLUG] microsoft lost

On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Dan Eunson wrote:

:>(I'll grant you, I've
:>heard anecdotal evidence that Win2K can run about 90 days without
:>crashing or needing a reboot, as opposed to every week or two with NT4.
:>But 90 days is still a far cry from Linux or *BSD.)
:
:More subtle MS Bashing.
:
:I've heard this over, and over to the point I am sick of hearing it.  I am
:also an MCP, and if you have to reboot NT4 every one or two weeks, you
:screwed something up, or are running bad 3rd party software.  We have many
:boxes running IIS, exchange, FTP, etc that go months without reboot.   I'd
:be more interested in a discussion on getting Linux and NT to run together
:more efficiently than this kind of crap.
:
I will have to agree with this, I am an avid linux lover, I preach it with
the best of them.  But stability in an OS depends directly on who is
supporting the system.  If you dont know what you are doing, then you will
find that your systems will come more and more unstable as you do more to
"Fix" it.  Sure it is a learning thing, but if you do not maintain a Linux
box it too will crash on you too.
--
-Rune

Operating-system software is the program that orchestrates all the basic
functions of a computer.

		-- The Wall Street Journal, Tuesday, September 15, 1987, page 40

Windows 2000 can be called a parasite because it keeps growing, consuming
its host's resources and spreading across networks