Bill Jonas on Thu, 6 Apr 2000 03:30:41 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Advocacy

On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Michael W. Ryan wrote:

>I wouldn't recommend it on the first date.  "Ideology" tends to make
>people nervous.

Good point.  Perhaps that's why Free Software has just become popular in
business in the last couple years as Open Source Software.  (See RMS's
"Why ``Free Software'' is better than ``Open Source''",
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html, the 'Fear
of Freedom' section, specifically.)

>This is a good one, too, as long as you can give more details.

Someone else had mentioned leaving off the part about old hardware
(because it performs just fine on new hardware, too :) ).  You could
say that it makes my older hardware usable and my new hardware
scream. :)

Bill
--
"I couldn't give him advice in business and he couldn't give me
advice in technology." --Linus Torvalds, about why he wouldn't