Bill Jonas on Fri, 7 Apr 2000 01:31:11 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] filtering lists w/ procmail

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, Darxus wrote:

>And how do you turn off logging ?

Here is my .procmailrc:

-----------------------------
#Set on when debugging
VERBOSE=off

#Replace `mail' with your mail directory (Pine uses mail, Elm uses Mail)
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail

#Directory for storing procmail log and rc files
PMDIR=$HOME/.procmail

LOGFILE=$PMDIR/log
# INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.testing
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.maillists
-----------------------------

I'd say change the appropriate line to LOGFILE=/dev/null

Here is the Filtering Mail FAQ:
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/mail/filtering-faq/preamble.html
...although it would more appropriately be called the Filtering Mail
HOWTO.  It includes instructions for procmail and another one (I'm too
lazy to go find out which right now).  Maybe you'd want to put this link
on the web page?

Note: You should find out whether or not procmail is your local MDA,
because if it is, you don't need the line in the .forward file.

This isn't an issue, of course, for doing this on your own box, as you
likely know what your delivery agent is, but it's useful info on your
shell account.

Bill
--
"I couldn't give him advice in business and he couldn't give me
advice in technology." --Linus Torvalds, about why he wouldn't