M. Simons on Wed, 12 Apr 2000 07:35:19 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Ethernet

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, Tim Peeler wrote:

> I have a couple of ethernet adapters that I can't find much^H^H^H^H the right
> info on.  They're a couple of old artisoft AE-3's using the DP83902V chip.
> I've checked out artisoft's site and tried finding any kind of documentation,
> but their site is severely dain bramaged.  I've checked out linuxcare to see
> I could find some pointers to references, but w/o much success.  I found
> Perhaps someone has some pointers to info about these cards?

Report from msimons@caip.rutgers.edu : Master Websurfer For Hire

Well, I dont know about you, but I found plenty of information about
the AE-3 on artisoft's site...  probably what you are looking for might
start with the following:
http://www.artisoft.com/TSFAQ.nsf/69a116ae080134b5072567ed008192bf/08f898d70d9
1c0f407256850005088e1?OpenDocument

But there is a TON more which mention it... I didn't even bother to go
through them... I suggest using the searches at:
http://www.artisoft.com/artiask.nsf/

Some Info, From a LUG no less! Two good posts, this is probably what you
need:
http://www.slug.org.au/NIC/artisoft-ae3-1.html
http://www.slug.org.au/NIC/artisoft-ae3-2.html

SOme mentions of the DP83902V (many from the BSD camps!!)
http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/macbsd-docs/ethernet.html
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-mac68k/1997/05/14/0028.html
http://www.tryc.on.ca/archives/obsd/misc/msg04446.html
not that you need to buy 76 of these chips, but if you did, you could
probably get them from:http://www.iridium.co.il/part3.html

Some various mentions of Artisoft AE-3's around the net... I dont know
whether any of it will help or not, because they are not linux-related
mentions...

http://www.anthology.com/technotes/lantasti.htm
http://www.cpe.surrey.ac.uk/support/arti/lantas5.txt

from http://coco.hyperlink.net.au/~chart/download/pnpid.txt  the
following:
; List of EISA style PnP Device ID Codes ; Version 5; 29-12-98;
PNP8137 Artisoft AE-1
PNP8138 Artisoft AE-2 or AE-3
http://www-pc.uni-regensburg.de/systemsw/TECHTOOL/w95devid.htm explains
the above a little bit better.
http://www.pcdesguide.org/pc99/xappendb.htm   explains this PNP number
even more

I'd also recommend checking the FCC ID # guide, it might give you a LITTLE
more info.  http://www.fcc.gov/oet/fccid/

--
           M A S T E R   W E B S U R F E R   F O R   H I R E
msimons@caip.rutgers.edu                           msimons@linuxexpo.net